Reflection
on Micro teaching:
I have really enjoyed the micro teaching
lessons of everyone in my group. To begin, this 10 minutes lesson provided me
an opportunity to discuss about my favourite sport with my classmates. I liked the way everyone in my group showed enthusiasm in learning about the cricket. I
assume that my lesson went really well for the first five minutes and, however,
it did not fulfil my expectations in the second half. My lesson was moving
forward smoothly until my laptop surprisingly went to sleep mode. Consequently,
I ended up wasting at least one and half minute of my lesson. I then started speeding
up on my teaching as I wanted to cover every section of my lesson. During the
last five minutes, I could not have everyone involved in my playing activity.
As a result, I could not review students’ learning. I see myself unsuccessful
in time planning and equipment organization sections of the lesson plan. It
took me significantly more time than I thought it would take in every part of
the lesson. Consequently, I need to focus more on the time management for the
future lessons. Overall, it was great experience to learn not only something
new, but so meaningful in just 10 minutes during each micro lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment