Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Feedback Letters From Students

Below are the letters that I may receive from my students after 10 years.

Dear Teacher,

I just wanted to say a ‘big thank you’ for your valuable teaching that helped me to achieve my career goals. Before you joined our class, I was really struggling to understand the rules of mathematics. I had almost given up in my math learning at that time. It was only you who helped me to keep my dreams alive. I would have given up on my schooling if you had not motivated me. I can remember the time when you used to share your real life experiences that would give every student the lesson that nothing is impossible to achieve as long as you have faith and belief in yourself. All these lessons are still fresh in my memory and keep me motivated in achieving my goals. I really loved the way you made math problems simple, meaningful and easy to understand for the entire class. Furthermore, I would not forget the extra assistance that you used to provide me after school hours. Besides this, I always admired your positive attitude, honesty, creativity, professionalism and time management skills. 

My Reflection:

I always feel that I can help students especially those who struggle in math in a very meaningful and effective ways. Actually, I have recently helped few students who were about to give up on their math learning though they were taught individually rather than in the class. Their improvements in mathematics are significant and consistent. I love to encourage the efforts made by the students to solve any math problem. I am looking forward to improve every aspect of my teaching regardless of whether I am strong in certain area or not.  


Hello Mr.Buttar,

I would like to share my some negative experiences with you when I was a student in your class. I did not like attending your class as your teaching was only math based as you did not link it with the daily current affairs or trends. Most of your lessons were based on the academic ideas rather than practical based. You appeared to be repetitive in your teaching, which made class room learning bore and slow. Moreover, sometimes, it was difficult to understand you as you spoke too fast during the class.  

My Reflection:

As I have all my educational background from the India, I have not seen many activities during the period of my schooling and teaching. Consequently, I have a feeling that my math lessons might be more theoretical than practical.  This means that I have to include more interactive activities in my work rather than just straight teaching. Also, sometimes, I think I repeat my words many times during my teaching. I will be working hard to improve my teaching in the aforementioned areas of concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment