I would like to run a SNAP Math fair in my oncoming longer practicum. Undoubtedly, students will have many benefits of attending this math fair. First and foremost, this fair will provide students a unique, different and interesting way of observing the mathematics. It is often the case that students have rigid and negative approach toward math such as it is boring and does not work for me. For these students, attending this fair could be beginning of positive approach towards the math. In addition, students would develop their math reasoning skills. They will work on different strategies in order to solve their interesting math problems or puzzles, which would further enhance their problem solving skills. Moreover, there is no any competition of getting higher marks in this math fair and consequently, every student would try to make attempt in solving the questions. In addition, presenting math problem by themselves to math fair spectators would boost their self-confidence and motivation in their personalities. Furthermore, it will give me an opportunity not only to get to know my students on one to one basis, but also learning different ways of engaging students in learning.
While making a plan of SNAP Math fair, I would approach my school sponsor and seek his advice about it. If he says yes, I would then prepare small presentation about this math fair and show to my class and school sponsor. During presentation, I would tell my sponsor teacher and students about the enormous benefits of SNAP Math fair if it was required. Obviously, for choosing a math fair day, I have to work hard in finding the day that would work for both my students and sponsor teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment