Saturday, 5 December 2015

Response to Dave Hewitt’s teaching video


I really enjoyed Dave Hewitt’s teaching video. I liked his video for many reasons. First and foremost, he made excellent use of waiting time in his teaching. During the entire lesson, he patiently compelled his students to move forward in their inquiry by posing appropriate questions. It was amazing to see that how he first had his class counting the numbers with the stick knocks and then smoothly moving to different topic. Another important observation in his teaching was the tone of his voice. He was changing it according to the situation. He also made very timely pauses in his speech in order to have students actively participate in the learning. Lastly, he started writing on the black board when the student felt its need badly. The way he made his students to feel the necessity of writing on the black board was superb. I will definitely try to use these ideas in my teaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment