It was great teaching experience with Shawn and Pari. I observed both positive and negative outcomes of our lesson. To begin, I think our topic was great. Everyone put great effort in presentation and preparation of our lesson. I liked the way Shawn presented the hook of our lesson. I personally liked the idea of showing so many trials with interesting outputs on the graph. After the hook, I then enjoyed my own teaching though it is very hard to observe your own teaching. I found myself very comfortable during my five minutes of teaching. From there, Pari took over the activity part and have everyone to work on the problem. Our activity was organized very well by Pari, but it did not go as well as we thought it would go due to the lack of time. Overall, our lesson went well except not getting enough time to wrap up our lesson nicely.
In my teaching, I could have hid answers on the projector before asking the questions. Also, I could have limited my discussion only to the slide questions and consequently, we would have had some extra time for our activity. Beside this, I could have used more wait time while asking questions to students. Moreover, Arshbir provided me an excellent feedback saying that I needed to pay attention over the entire class rather than focusing on the limited students of the class. After reading all the comments, I felt as a team we could have done better in the following areas of our lesson:
1. Time management
2. Clear instructions for activity
3. Good planning
Below are the pictures of all comments we received from our classmates. Please view them by zooming in.
Preview aPreview attachment image-03-12-15-07-59-4.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59-4.jpeg690 KBttachment image-03-12-15-07-59-3.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59-3.jpeg898 KB-15-07-59-1.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59-1.jpeg863 KBPreview attachment image-03-12-15-07-59-5.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59-5.jpeg709 KBPreview attachment image-03-12-15-07-59-6.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59-6.jpeg712 KBPreview attachment image-03-12-15-07-59.jpegimage-03-12-15-07-59.jpeg857 KB
No comments:
Post a Comment