Sunday, 27 September 2015

TPI Survey Results


As I view my bar graph, the overall score in each aspect of my teaching is very consistent. The total in four perspectives of my teaching appears to be recessive whereas it is dominant for the Apprenticeship.

Below is the detail of interpretation of my TPI results.  

1.     Transmission: I scored 28 in this perspective of teaching. This means that I have to do more work in the ways of delivering my knowledge competently to the students. The lesson preparation and content knowledge will always be the first task in my teaching, regardless of my score in this test.
2.     Nurturing: In this perceptive, I scored the least. I am a little bit shocked from these results as this is the area where I categorize myself the strongest. I always have a belief that students must be supported and encouraged for the learning irrespective of their learning abilities. In my short teaching experience, I had seen numerous students improving their academic success dramatically after being motivated by their teachers, tutors and parents.
3.     Social Reform: As the score suggests, I need to learn some skills in order to improve my teaching in this perspective. Accordingly, I will be working on the ideas that would educate me about how to discuss the whole concept of learning material among students in a classroom.
4.      Developmental: The bar graph also suggests that I need to improve my teaching from learner’s point of view. As a result, I have to be more creative in finding the teaching methods that are not only suitable to the students’ learning abilities, but should also be meaningful for the learners.
5.      Apprenticeship: This is the area in my teaching that I scored the most and rewarded as a dominant in it. Although I scored a little bit more in this prospective as compared to others, I will equally seek improvement in this part of teaching too.

No comments:

Post a Comment